Moon Salutation has many health benefits due to its cooling and calming effect:
• It improves the body’s balance.
• It helps in alleviating problems of constipation or digestion.
• This sequence is good for toning the arms, legs and the core.
• Breathing technique helps in expansion of lungs.
• It improves blood circulation.
• It is a stress buster. Hence it controls anxiety and depressive thoughts by clearing the mind.
• It is a great sequence to deal with insomnia.
• The best time to perform Moon Salutation is during the evening and on an empty stomach as any other asana.
• People who are suffering from hernia, high blood pressure, back problems, sciatica, fever, heart disease, or are with a history of stroke should avoid doing Moon Salutation.
“Moon_Salutation.docx” uploaded 03/04/2020 09:01
Illustrated guide to a short evening yoga sequence
“Evening_Yoga.pdf” uploaded 08/06/2017 14:20
Illustrated guide to a short morning yoga sequence
“Morning_Yoga.pdf” uploaded 08/06/2017 14:19
Sun Salutation Health Benefits
Since the sun salutation involves inversions, it boosts the flow of blood to the brain enhancing concentration levels &improves hair and skin quality. It builds strength, stamina and promotes flexibility throughout the body
“sun-salutation.pdf” uploaded 03/07/2016 08:35
The Portfolio Eating plan is a recognised dietary approach to lowering cholesterol
“Portfolio-Diet.pdf” uploaded 10/03/2016 15:50
The low FODMAP diet is often used in those with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS
“FODMAP-Diet-Handout.pdf” uploaded 10/03/2016 15:48
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) is an eating program high in vegetables and fruit and low sodium pattern promoted by the U.S.-based NHB Institute
“DASH-diet.pdf” uploaded 10/03/2016 15:40